Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A trip to the internet (the human one)

Digamma, a friend of mine here in Boson city, just told me today that humans finally made a nice virtual world on their internet. They call it Second Life.
It appears that the avatars in Second Life are driven by humans, though I need to confirm that. Humans themselves claim to be driven by moving electrical charges in their brain, so this free will bussiness is quite messy already. That would make a great topic to chat about when I get there.

Digamma is a bit unsure about coming with me... he is afraid that the IP protocol will scramble him beyond repair. I told him not to worry as I strongly believe that "ourselves", that is our very escence, is ultimately indestructible no matter how much it changes.

That of course is more of an opinion than a scientific fact. I'm told there are scientists on Earth (and I assume that by extension on SL) and I'm something of a scientist myself... in a way, at least in spirit, so it will be fun to chat with them about such topics.

I got to put my qubits toghether for the trip... see you there!

No comments: